If you had five minutes on stage, what would you say to Baltimore? What if you only had 20 slides and they rotated automatically every 15 seconds?
, 16 artists, technologists, entrepreneurs, writers, bloggers, painters, and philosophers will answer this challenge at Ignite Baltimore #1. The event will take place at The Windup Space, 12 W. North Ave in . Admission is free.
What is Ignite?
Cities all over the world are organizing Ignite events, where thought leaders come together to share what they know and make new connections. Full details can be found at ignitebaltimore.com. The official Ignite website is ignite.oreilly.com.
Ignite #1 Speakers
Full topic descriptions and speaker biographies are available at http://ignitebaltimore.com/speakers, but here’s a summary:
- Aaron Henkin – 20 Favorite Baltimore Stories
- Clarence Wooten – 12 Hard-Won Lessons of Entrenepeurship
- Rev. Amy Sens – (Interesting) Stuff You (Probably) Didn’t Know about the Bible
- Mario Armstrong
- Elizabeth Evitts Dickinson – How to Start a Revolution: Urban Interactions in the New American City
- Dave Troy – The Emerging Hive-Mind
- Bill Mill – Overcoming Cognitive Bias
- Brent Halliburton – 100 mistakes I will try not to make again
- Bryan Liles – From Waterfall to Agile. A Journey to Productivity
- Yair Flicker – Optimizing the Speed and Performance of Web Applications
- Michael Jovel – Let’s get Physical
- Prescott Gaylord – Stop making green building and construction so hard
- Jimmy Gardner – Have a great idea? What are you gonna do about it?
- Lionel Foster – “If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter”
- Janna Howley – Safe, healthy, nutritious food for everyone
- Eileen Wold – Explores the energy industry landscape
Ignite #1 Schedule
: Mingling, drinks, and free pizza and pasta from Joe Squared
: First wave of presentations
: Mingling, drinks, and free food
: of presentations
: Informal festivity/merriment
Admission is free, but please RSVP via EventBrite so we know how much food to order.
Please email Mike Subelsky at firstname.lastname@example.org or call .