The local news crew has locked on to the newest Facebook sound bite:
“We are the 6th biggest country in the world!”
So I was thinking, what soundbites could I produce for the media that feed on this particularly meme? Here are a few:
- Google is twice as big as the United States – you would think that would be good for the stock price.
- AOL is the 4th largest country!
- Twitter is one of the 100 largest countries in the world!
- Cogmap would be one of the 200 largest countries in the world!
- The recent “Conficker” virus attack would make Conficker the 90th largest country in the world! Clearly a plot!
- Bebo is bigger than Iraq and twice as hard to withdraw from!
- Apple would be the 7th largest country!
- Wikipedia is almost, but not quite, bigger than the United States.
Last but not least:
- Microsoft Windows is the biggest country in the world!
To compare services to countries is preposterous. Lots of people have diverse constituencies.